Join the Teams meeting each morning for a phonics 'speed sound' lesson.
We will be looking at one sound each day using the structure below.
- Learn the sound
- 'Fred Talk' words with the sound for children to blend
- Recognise the sound from a selection they already know, while identifying those sounds too
- Read words with the new sound, then a few words with known sounds
- Write words with the new sound, then a few words with known sounds
- Read 'alien' words - made up words using the new sound
RWI sound chart
We will practise the alphabet sounds first before reading the 'special friends' where two, or three, letters make one sound.
Once we start on the Complex Speed Sounds below we will work along the top line of the vowel sounds before looking at alternative ways to write them.