PE and Sport Premium
At Willow Primary we receive £19,300 this year to help improve the quality of the PE and sport activities we offer and we are committed to using this resource for developing high-quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
Funding for schools will be calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January.
We are proud to have been awarded the School Games GOLD Award for commitment to raising participation in Sports in 2019.
This academic year we there is no School games accreditation, our staff are taking a review & reflect approach using resources shared by School Games. We look forward to working towards this accreditation at a later date.
What does the Sport Premium mean for Willow Primary School?
'Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013).
At Willow Primary School we have split up the funding by the three key areas for consideration;
- Physical Education/Curricular PE,
- Healthy Active Lifestyles
- Competitive Sport.
We use a local team of Sports and PE coaches through ‘Active Fusion’, Doncaster Rovers Football Club and Doncaster Knights Rugby Club to deliver many of our PE and Sports premium based initiatives.
We measure the impact of the activities by considering the following
- the increase in participation
- the increase and success in competitive sports
- how much more inclusive the physical education curriculum has become
- the growth in the range of traditional and alternative sporting activities
- the improvement in partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners
- links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater spiritual, moral, social, and cultural skills
- the greater awareness amongst pupils about the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health.
At Willow we have many links with our local community, our external partners are an integral part of how the sports premium provides memorable experience for the children.
We are proud to be working with Active Fusion, a charity dedicated to supporting young people's wellbeing through sport. Here is are some of the fantastic experiences that have happened at Willow.
East holiday camp
Our school value the importance of links with our local community, here is a list sports clubs in the Doncaster area.