At Willow Primary School, the History Curriculum develops children’s knowledge and understanding of historical periods, events and significant individuals both in Britain and in the wider world. Children learn key facts and concepts alongside skills such as chronological understanding, how to analyse and evaluate historical evidence, how to empathise with people from different eras and how to compare and contrast life in different periods.
We want our children to enjoy and love learning about History by gaining knowledge and skills, not just through learning in the classroom, but also with the use of experiences and educational visits.
- Year 1 – Moon Zoom, Enchanted Woodland, Superheroes
- Year 2 – Pirates, Great Fire of London, Towers, Tunnels and Turrets, Dinosaurs
- Year 3 – Tribal Tales, Gods and Mortals
- Year 4 – 1066 and the Normans, Our Oceans
- Year 5 – Peasants, Princes and Pestilence, Stargazers, Pharaohs
- Year 6 – Revolution, Frozen Kingdom, A Child’s War, Darwin’s Delights
In addition to these topics, each year group completes a Heritage and Community topic linked to our local area and community and the children’s own heritage.