At Willow Primary School, the Geography Curriculum provides pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes. We want to inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people. Geographical learning involves familiar places to the children and their local area, extending to the UK and Worldwide. Each unit is supported by a Knowledge Organiser which details the key facts, vocabulary and skills for each unit.
We want our children to enjoy and love learning about Geography by gaining knowledge and skills, not just through learning in the classroom, but also with the use of experiences and educational visits.
- Year 1 – Moon Zoom, Enchanted Woodland, Paws, Claws and Whiskers, Superheroes
- Year 2 – Pirates, Great Fire of London, Towers, Tunnels and Turrets, Dinosaurs, A Bug’s Life
- Year 3 – Tribal Tales, Tremors, Gods and Mortals, Our Place in the World
- Year 4 – 1066 and the Normans, Mountains and Maps, Our Oceans
- Year 5 – The Plague, Stargazers, Pharaohs, Firedamps and Davy Lamps, Beast Creator
- Year 6 – Frozen Kingdom, A Child’s War, Darwin’s Delights
In addition to these enquiry topics, each year group completes a Heritage and Community topic linked to our local area and community and the children’s own heritage.