At Willow Primary School, the Geography Curriculum provides pupils with knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments, together with a deep understanding of the Earth’s key physical and human processes. We want to inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people. Geographical learning involves familiar places to the children and their local area, extending to the UK and Worldwide. Each unit is supported by a Knowledge Organiser which details the key facts, vocabulary and skills for each unit.
We want our children to enjoy and love learning about Geography by gaining knowledge and skills, not just through learning in the classroom, but also with the use of experiences and educational visits.
- FS2 – Ourselves and People who help us, Seaside
- Year 1 – Transport, Animals, Woodland
- Year 2 – Kings, Queens and Castles, Explorers, Rainforest
- Year 3 – Prehistory (Stone Age to Iron Age), The Commonwealth, Romans (Including Volcanoes)
- Year 4 – Mountains and Earthquakes, Our Oceans
- Year 5 – Rivers, Coal Mining, Traveller
- Year 6 – World War 2, The Environment, Ancient Greece
In addition to these enquiry topics, each year group completes a Heritage and Community topic linked to our local area and community and the children’s own heritage.