The Computing Curriculum at Willow Primary school seeks to ensure that all pupils:
- can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation
- can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems
- can evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems
- are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
The curriculum is split into three strands: Information Technology, Digital Literacy and Computer Science.
- Using computers for functional purposes, such as collecting and presenting information, and using search technology effectively
- Being safe and responsible when using of technology and evaluating how effective it is
- Recognising its advantages for collaboration or communication
- Helping children to understand how computers and networks work
- Basic computer programming and coding